It’s Paul’s turn to quit his job, so he did. Then Paul and Jenny discuss why he quit, and why it’s important to have a plan, but also not be too scared to make the jump. And, of course, Rollins.
- “It’s your show!” is a joke from Back to Work
- Paul writes for RadioWorld and at Radio Survivor
- We were drinking Surly Bender
- The Girl & the Goat is delicious.
- Not owning a car saves you 10K, actually
- Jenny loves the ambient budgeting of Mint.com
- Paul talked about the concept “Pay yourself first.”
- ING Cafes are in a lot of cities!
- We discuss this article.
- Paul quotes the Rush song “Freewill.” Jenny knew what song it was proving this show is teaching someone something.
- Joel Osteen is a Christian motivational speaker
- Nik Wallenda crossing the Grand Canyon
- There are two songs about the flying Wallendas–this one and this one.
- Little America is a chain with outposts that used to be in the middle of nowhere, based on the Little America Antarctic base, hence the penguin.
- Patti Smith’s book Just Kids
- Henry Rollins’ Get in the Van
- Malcolm McLaren
THINGS WE LIKE
- Jenny: Roadtrippers.com
- Paul: Richard Hell‘s autobiography, I Dreamed I Was a Very Clean Tramp and its review