Physical media. For some, it’s antiquated, and something desired only for it’s festishistic qualities. For others, a vinyl record, still film picture or cassette tape is a vital tangible artifact, in a quickly digitizing world. Jenny pretty much falls in with the first argument, while Paul still has cassette decks. Listen to them duke it out.
- We went to see Anthrax & Exodus & Yngwie, OH MY
- Ripper Owens‘ life story has been made into a movie with Marky Mark
- Yngwie was in Steeler & Alcatrazz
- Indians is a song by Anthrax that is not very sensitive.
- Scott Ian is in Anthrax & is now on a lot of VH1 reality shows.
- A review of Henry Rollins’ appearance at the Association of College & Research Libraries here
- Dan Benjamin is the host of the Quit! Podcast
- Vitology originally only came out on vinyl.
- Blasted Diplomats are on PlusTapes. I’d link to their music but I can’t because they are only on tapes.
- You should back things up to the cloud, everybody.
- Learn more about FLAC!
- Precious coffeeshop in Amsterdam
- Walter Benjamin is guy who thought a lot about how reproduction affects art.
- Dark Lord Day is a big pain to get beer that is artificially limited.
- Jenny is professionally inspired by the Five Laws of Library Science. THINGS ARE FOR USE
- Third Man Records is creating vinyl booths
- Flexi discs are now cool again too and there’s a record label exclusively making them including, of course, metal bands.
- For What It’s Worth
- Michael Fremer writes for Analog Planet
THINGS WE LIKE
- Jenny loves the UCSB Cylinder Preservation & Digitization Project particularly Keep Away from the Man Who Owns an Automobile
- Paul loves Evernote